Sunday, April 28, 2013

Making a Place for Silence

One of my favorite songs performed by The Four Seasons is "Silence is Golden."  For the past four weeks since I gave notice at work to start my own freelance business, my head, my days -- and some of my nights -- have been filled with busyness, chatter and organizing everything for the next person to assume the role I had for the past 12 1/2 years.  Then, I ran across online an old edition of our church's monthly newsletter where our pastor had included in her column these wise words:  "Silence is a special place we must go regularly.  Silence is a grace that nurtures, heals, reveals and renews.  No spiritual exercise is as good as that of silence.  Be still and know.  Be still. Be."  Although I will be busy starting up my freelance business and, gratefully, already have work to fill my hours, I will pursue some time simply for silence.  I realize how much I need such time to nurture, heal and reveal the next steps ahead.  Too much silence can be deafening in its own way for me, but this silence will indeed be golden.

1 comment:

  1. Keri - I just logged in to read your latest posting and was shocked to see you have move to a new phase of adventure! Congratulations!! I wish you many Blessings as you navigate the new and fresh roads. It's a wonderful thing to be able to take that step out of something that is perhaps comfortable. I so enjoy your insights and am happy to be able to continue to do so. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy. Emilie Fedorov

    ReplyDelete

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.