Thursday, December 23, 2021

Calm in Your Heart

 


My late mom, Barb Naidl, loved working with her hands and she had a talent for it. If she wasn’t making her lovely red felt cardinal ornaments, she was coming up with some other creative idea. 

One year, she hand-sewed small square pillows filled with homemade potpourri. On one side of each pillow, she wrote a word. On mine, she wrote “peace.” Whenever I run my fingers over her handwriting on that small pillow, I feel a calm in my heart as if Mom is passing the sign of peace to me. 

Life can be a rather stressful experience at times. We may feel downhearted, exhausted, spent, isolated. It’s in those moments when I think about my loving mom’s gift—her handwritten message to me about peace. I think about how I might make room for peace in my heart when the days feel hard, and how I might pass that peace along to others so that they, too, may experience it and pass it along. 

Today: Feel peace, live peace, pass peace on. “Let there be peace on earth, and let it begin with me.”

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.