Friday, July 6, 2012

Aunt Emma and the Silver Bullet

While on a recent evening walk, I happened across a camping trailer in a backyard.  It was silver, with rounded edges.  It looked like a big bullet with windows and a trailer hitch.  Immediately, I recalled a larger version of such a trailer from when I was a little girl.  Our beloved neighbor Elsie shared her rural home with her husband and elderly mother, and her aunt Emma lived in a silver bullet-type mobile home behind the house (or at least that's how I recall the trailer in my mind's eye).  I was never in that mobile home, but I was always fascinated by how it looked.  There was something sleek about it.  It's funny how a brief glance at something had the ability to take me back some 50 years --  even for just a moment -- to Aunt Emma's amazing silver bullet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.