Thursday, April 10, 2014

Screen Show

Evidently, it doesn't take much to make me happy.  One recent Saturday, I swept the mounds of sand from the floor of our garage, Larry washed winter off of his car, and I put the screens back into our casement windows.  It's been our habit in recent years to remove the screens in the fall, wash them down and store them for the winter so we can get the most out of the precious daylight during the long, dark months.  When I heard that the temperature was supposed to soar into the 60s, I decided that it was time to put the screens back in so we could open the windows, if only for a few minutes, to bring in the fresh air and release the stale winter, cooped-up air.  I practically danced as I did these chores, for it meant one thing: spring is here and the warmer weather is on its way.  Two friends and I laughed the other day about how we practically wore our winter coats last July when we had a day with a high only in the 60s.  Yet, in March or April, on that first day that climbs into the 60s, we practically pull out our shorts and sunhats.  I guess it's all in our perspectives, but sweeping out the garage and replacing window screens were elevated to joyful, memorable moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.