Sunday, January 7, 2018

What Do You Wish for Your New Year?

The start of a new year is an exciting time, one to reflect on the previous 365 days and also to dream of what will take place in the next 365. What do you wish for your new year? 

I believe that our own positive energy has the power of attracting more positive energy into our lives. One way to stay positive is to engage in self-love and self-respect by speaking well of ourselves and to ourselves. I particularly like the use of affirmations. 

Here are twelve to consider using in this new year:

1.  I know with confidence what I consider to be achievement and success.

2.  My hopes and dreams that have been protected deep inside of me are now manifesting themselves in exciting and new ways.

3.  I assess as I go on this amazing journey, setting priorities and looking ahead.

4.  I embrace who I am with enthusiasm and love.

5.  I ensure that my relationships are healthy, trusting and nurturing.

6.  I radiate love from within and without. The more love I give, the more love I feel in return.

7.  My world is filled with generosity, goodness and kindness. My heart is blessed beyond measure.

8.  I take care of my mind, body and spirit as a high priority in my life. My well-being is important to me.

9.  I dedicate time to silence as a gift of renewal.

10. I take positive action with ease.

11. I'm calm and at peace.

12. I freely tune into my heart, and I like what I hear.


You might adopt one of these affirmations for each month of this new year, saying that affirmation aloud to yourself several times per day. You might also write them down, as one woman told me that she was going to do, place them in a jar, and then pull one out each day to say to yourself.

Use this new year as a time of exciting anticipation as you shower yourself with positive energy and then cast that positive energy out into the world. Happy New Year!

Affirmations excerpted from my book, Find Your Heart, Follow Your Heart: Get to the Heart of What Matters and Create Your Abundant, Authentic, Joyful Life, published in July 2017 by Balboa Press. Available in hardcover, softcover and e-book from Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Balboa Press and other fine retailers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.