Monday, May 26, 2014

Time to Take a Holiday

Today is Memorial Day. My grandparents called it Decoration Day. Whatever name you choose to call it, this is a day of honoring through our remembrances those who have died in our nation's service. I think about those who selflessly serve our country and those who have made that ultimate sacrifice for our nation's freedoms. To them, we owe much. Somewhere along the line, Memorial Day also became the unofficial beginning of summer, so Larry and I enjoy this afternoon with a potluck picnic among church choir friends. At the beginning of spring this year, I decided to decrease my number of blog posts to two times weekly in order to afford more time outdoors, something I've craved during our long, long, harsh and hard winter. Now, I've made yet another decision. Beginning with this holiday, I am going to start my own "unofficial" summer vacation and write only one blog post per week, posting on Sundays at 4:00 p.m. While the days are long, the temperature warm, the grass green, the birds in song, I just have to be outdoors as much as possible. Thank you for sticking with me as I limit myself to one post per week. I'll look forward to our Sunday evening conversations. As always, I enjoy your feedback.  Happy Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.