Thursday, December 15, 2011

Cocooning

Today was so windy that my winter hat nearly blew off my head.  I had to hold my fleece cloche-style hat in place with one hand while juggling my belongings and opening my car door with the other.  It was such a relief to get home to remove the layers of scarf, hat, gloves and heavy jacket.  At this time of year, when I get home from work, I tend to like to cocoon, tucked in for quiet, cozy evenings with Larry.  Tonight, home was even more inviting, for I had baked some treats after supper to take to a function we're planning to attend tomorrow evening.  When I stepped into the garage for a moment and then back into the kitchen, I was welcomed by the sweet, warm aroma of fudgy brownies, made with pumpkin puree.  In addition to battling the wind, mine had been a day of little stresses and strains, so I was tired.  Yet, one whiff of that wonderfully sweet aroma of fudge brownies in the oven and Larry's great reviews after sampling them made my so-called irritations slip away, giving me a fresh, new perspective on the gift of this day and what's truly important and lasting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.