Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Talent Scout

Have you ever noticed how truly talented people rarely make a big deal of their talents?  They just confidently go about their work, requiring very little fanfare.  So it is with my good friend Kitty.  She'll show me her latest sewing or quilting project, describing it all as if it was just a little bit of this and a little bit of that, and then it all effortlessly came together.  I get so caught up in the details of "this," wondering how she possibly accomplished it, that I barely hear the details of "that."  I am not one to work with my hands so it is overwhelming at times for me to comprehend the vision that goes into each of her creations, let alone the time and patience required to make them.  But Kitty makes it all sound easy, almost commonplace. Spoken like the real pro that she is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.