Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Hot Water

After years of limiting this pleasure to when I'm at home, in recent months I've been publicly asking for a mug of hot water when going to a restaurant.  I always thought it was such a silly thing that I hesitated to ask for it in public, thinking that others would raise an eyebrow at my odd request. However, I've found that after mustering up my so-called courage to identify my beverage of choice, others have admitted to the same.  And there is even evidence found on several reputable websites that drinking hot water may be beneficial to one's health regarding de-toxification, digestion, regulating body temperature and staying hydrated.  I'm not a coffee or tea drinker. I like to drink water, but I prefer warm or hot water to cold.  On a cold winter day, I find it comforting to snuggle up under a cozy blanket with a good book and to simultaneously warm my insides with one or more mugs of plain ol' hot water.  So, now that I've admitted my proclivities, I'll request that mug of hot water without embarrassment the next time I find myself asked by a friendly server what I'd like to drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.