Sunday, December 9, 2012

Zapped, Flat and Napped

I'd been overdoing for quite some time and knew that eventually it would catch up with me.  That's when I leave myself most vulnerable to colds, flus and other nasties.  On the Friday following Thanksgiving, a bug finally caught up with me and really zapped me.  I was laid out flat for a few days and even had to come home early from work three days in a row just to sleep and cough and wheeze.  Despite the annoyance and inconvenience of it all, the great thing about catching a cold is the permission I finally give myself to stop my scheduled activities, tuck myself in, lounge in my pjs, nap and read.  It'd been weeks since I'd sat down long enough to savor a good book and I was feeling withdrawals.  My cold gave me the chance to read not one, not two, but three murder mysteries and it was a delicious treat.  After 1 1/2 weeks, the worst of my cold's symptoms are starting to subside, but cold or not, the delight of being able to curl up with a book and nap is staying a priority. 

1 comment:

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.