Friday, November 16, 2012

All That Jazz

I found myself laughing right out loud the other day while walking into our local public library.  As I ascended the steps to the library's front door, a car drove by, windows down (it was unseasonably warm that Saturday), and music blaring.  I've come to expect loud music coming from passing automobiles to be some kind of rock music with screeching guitars and drum beats that echo in my ears.  This music, however, was Dixieland jazz -- clarinets and all.  It was so unexpected that all I could do was to laugh right out loud.  I wonder how many others along that car's route were as surprised and delighted as I.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.