Thursday, November 8, 2012

Lady Bugs and Wiener Dogs

Do you ever have those times when you see something you haven't seen in a while and then, strangely, you see that same something several times again over a short period?  That happened to me recently with lady bugs and wiener dogs.  I've grown so used to seeing Asian lady beetles that to see a real, honest-to-goodness lady bug has become an unusual treat.  On a recent sunny day, I saw lady bugs everywhere -- one in our home, another clinging to my car and several on the sidewalk as we walked at Devil's Lake.  I carried the lady bug in our house outside and placed it gently in the grass.  I carefully removed the one on my car and placed it on the ground.  While at the lake, I tiptoed around those bright red, little bodies, working hard not to squish them.  Just seeing them made me smile. And speaking of smiling, I've always gotten a kick out dachshunds.  My maternal grandparents had a dachshund for several years named Peppy.  There isn't a time that goes by when I see a dachshund that I don't think of that peppy little pooch.  Recently, I saw several "Peppys," all out taking walks, their sleek brown bodies zipping along on short legs, ears flapping merrily.  Those cute, little dogs and bright lady bugs made me feel peppy, too.  Many reasons to smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.