Friday, November 2, 2012

Snap Drizzle Pop

I've been told by professional photographers that taking a photo under a gray sky can bring out brighter colors.  So I experienced recently.  Despite the drizzle, I decided I needed a walk one recent Saturday afternoon.  The air was warm, the drizzle cool, the sky gray.  As I walked along, every color seemed to pop out.  The red trees were redder. The fallen yellow leaves were more yellow.  Everything seemed to stand out against the drab backdrop.  I was particularly taken by the maple leaves that had fallen to the sidewalk.  Their brown veins were much more noticeable than normal, revealing just how intricate they truly are.  If I'd had a camera with me, I would've wanted to snap a few pictures to capture the pops of color.  Instead, I walked in the drizzle, hoping to capture the beauty through the lens of my memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.