Thursday, March 8, 2012

Raindrop Lullaby

We had our first evening rain a few nights ago. Although I pride myself in being a sound sleeper, I awoke about 3:00 AM from the patter of the raindrops striking the bedroom window.  It had been months since I’d heard that sound.  The mesmerizing beat was comforting and it lulled me back to sleep.  What a difference from the silent storms of winter when snow accumulates rapidly overnight but without a sound to identify its presence.  In contrast to snow’s stealth, rain seems to come with fanfare – the sound of pounding drops, and if that’s not enough, thunder to really capture your attention.  But on that recent night, it was just the patter of the raindrops and me, thinking spring. 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for putting my thoughts into your words :)
    MJ

    ReplyDelete

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.