Monday, March 5, 2012

Reveille!

I thought I was dreaming.  As I awoke the other morning, the sky still indigo, I could hear birdsong outside -- through the closed bedroom window!  I could barely believe my ears.  That long-awaited "alarm clock" was back again and I was overjoyed.  I threw off the covers and jumped up with a big smile -- not my usual way of getting up in the morning.  I've had birdsong on the brain lately.  While recently watching the hilarious "Napoleon Dynamite"(for the zillionth time), I found myself focusing on the many times throughout the movie when birdsong could be heard in the background.  I've been wearing my late mom's pewter swallow pin even more than usual.  And I listen intently to the sparrow choir as I walk past the healing garden each morning into the hospital where I work.  I am so ready for birdsong to start my day, uplift my spirits and propel me into spring.  What a welcome reveille!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.