Friday, March 16, 2012

Takin' It Slow

Last evening, I did exactly what I said I wasn't going to do any longer -- I hurried.  In an attempt to capture too many good things in one evening, we walked at Devil's Lake, ate a sub sandwich and attended a lecture.  To accomplish all of this, I hurried home from work.  We shaved three minutes off of our lake hike.  We chowed down our subs as if we were starving.  We hurried to the lecture hall right behind a vehicle taking its time.  And then, panting from the experience, we collapsed into our chairs to listen to the speaker.  The funny thing was that the topic of the lecture was slow money and slow food.  Lyrics from a Simon & Garfunkel song kept going through my head as I sat there, "Slow down, you move too fast."  And indeed I did move too fast.  There was no way that I was "feelin' groovy," as the song suggested.  How can you experience the subtle nuances of life or contemplate slow-anything when you're scurrying around?  The good thing is that I am gifted another chance to slow down, do one thing at a time, resist over-scheduling, and enjoy the subtle nuances of this glorious day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.