Tuesday, March 5, 2013

End of Your Comfort Zone

It seems that every magazine or book I pick up these days has an article or passage about change, trying something new, embracing your passions, getting out of a rut, reinventing yourself, all in the pursuit of happiness and a sense of purpose.  It might be my age, but I've been devoting a lot of thinking to such things lately. Perhaps my seeing so many references to these topics isn't just happenstance.  I believe that we have some kind of ability to attract what we are seeking.  And I must be seeking answers to questions I carry at a deeper level. I read a magazine article about a man who decided that he had reached the stage in his life where it was important to give back, so he had reinvented himself to do just that, leaving his comfort zone behind, taking a risk that would give him renewed vigor, satisfaction and rewards of the everlasting, but not tangible, kinds.  I don't find it easy to leave my comfort zone too often, so I have great respect for those who don't just dip a toe into uncharted waters, but seriously take the plunge.  It makes me wonder just what kind of a plunge that would be for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.