Sunday, March 31, 2013

Eggs-actly

My good friend Kitty is always working on a clever project.  Every time I visit her, I see the fruits of her labors:  a new quilt, a wall hanging, a project made for her granddaughters.  This time, I saw a large, bright yellow bowl filled with dyed eggs, each intricately decorated with beautiful pen-and-ink designs.  As our visit ended, Kitty tucked into my arm a little egg carton with two decorated eggs for Larry and me and a little Spanish moss in which to nestle them.  It wasn't until I got home and arranged the eggs and moss in a wooden bowl on our dining room table that I realized that these weren't any regular Easter eggs.  These had been personalized exclusively for us, designed with our initials and little hearts on them.  They are beautiful.  I plan to store the fragile, blown eggs adequately so that they become keepsakes, just as my friendship with Kitty is a precious keepsake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.