Tuesday, March 18, 2014

A Buck

It's funny how we so willingly part with a dollar and don't think much of it most of the time. Yet, when I found a dollar in the snow the other day, I was simply overjoyed.  You would have thought I'd found a hundred-dollar bill the way I reacted.  Larry got into the excitement, too, looking to see if any other stray dollar bills happened to have been buried at that spot.  Alas, no such luck. However, he and I talked for a couple of hours about what a coup it was to have found that dollar. Once, many years ago, I found a twenty-dollar bill on the ground. More often, however, I find stray pennies. Not too long ago, I found three such stray cents. Instead of pocketing them, I left them stacked up for someone else to find as a treasure.  So, what did we do with our found dollar bill?  We spent it on the flavor of the day at Culver's!  Somehow, it made our find and our custard just that much more delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.