Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Robins!

It is that joyful time of year when every sign, no matter how subtle, of spring seems to make my heart sing. Although I haven't seen one yet myself, I've heard of numerous sightings of robins that have bravely returned to Wisconsin, harbingers of spring. I took a walk on Sunday afternoon and almost didn't want to come back inside.  For the first time in what felt like eons, I was able to walk at a fast clip, dodging puddles, feeling the breeze on my face and finding myself practically ready to dance around like Gene Kelly in "Singing in the Rain" (but without the rain). We northerners are a courageous group of souls, weathering all that the weather has to dish out each winter.  Yet, in our resiliency, we're also people of hope, for we withstand stoically the winter, hopeful of the warmer seasons to come.  So, here we are, on the cusp of spring, survivors once again of a rough, raw winter.  There's something to dance about!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.