Saturday, March 15, 2014

Even Longer

Today has been a day for friendship.  It began with getting together with my lovely friend Kitty who brings me joy every time we get together.  She has the passionate heart of an artist.  Everything she touches turns into something beautiful.  My times with her calm and feed my soul at the same time. Larry and I have also been invited to a party this evening.  It was to begin as a going-away party of sorts, but due to various circumstances, has turned into a party to celebrate spring with friends. I'm grateful for any reason to get together with these wonderful friends, for we have been close for many years. Their invitation made me think of how important friends are to my happiness.  We can be individuals, we can be independent, but there is nothing like the blessing of friends to share the good times with you and buoy you up during the not-so-good times. All of these friends with whom I will have spent my day and evening have been just that in my life. As Winnie-the-Pooh and Piglet said in A.A. Milne's Winnie-the-Pooh, "We'll be friends forever, won't we, Pooh?" asked Piglet. "Even longer," Pooh answered.  To all of my Even Longer friends, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.