Thursday, February 9, 2012

Bookends

Recently, I posted to this blog that I enjoyed being serenaded by a chorus of what I believe are sparrows in some arbor vitae evergreen shrubs near the side entrance to the building in which I work. Now that we're approaching spring, I leave work once again while it is still daylight.  In so doing, I pass by the same arbor vitae on my way out as I do coming in each morning.  When it was dark as I exited, all was quiet in the shrubs.  But now that there is still at least a trickle of daylight as I leave, the feathered choir secreted in the evergreens is singing to me on my way out, providing me with chirpy music as bookends to my workday.  What a great way to begin and end my day -- with the happy chirps of probably a score of little birds.  They may just be chattering with each other, cautioning their neighbors that a human approaches, or possibly even chastising me for being around.  It doesn't really matter, for their voices still sound happy to me!  It's as if the little chorus sings "Good morning!" and "Good evening!" just for my pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.