Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Rest, Think, Reflect, Grow

It sounds strange but I actually welcomed the break that a medical procedure gave me a few days ago.  Sometimes, forces outside of our own make us stop for a bit.  What a sad commentary it is that something outside of our own decisions has to make us sit still, if even for a while.  But, alas, in a day when people are consumed with activity practically 24/7 and rarely able to vacation from being wired, a medical procedure can stop you without anyone else being able to interfere with the downtime.  It's as if you finally have a legitimate reason to stop a bit and you can give yourself guilt-free permission to do so.  Although I am already guarded about the ways I spend my time, I used my medical procedure as an opportunity to contemplate.  I heard someone say on a local TV newscast the other night that people need time to rest, think, reflect and grow but we rarely allow ourselves to do so.  I totally agree.  Being so-called unproductive for a short while can be the necessary respite to recharge our batteries so that when we do return to being productive once again, we can do so with vigor and fervor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.