Saturday, June 16, 2012

Nature's Bounty

Someone really needs to take me by the hand the next time I go to our local farmer's market.  I can't seem to grasp that I'm buying for only two people.  For some reason, with or without a list, I come home with too much produce.  It's strange because I don't do that when doing our other grocery shopping.  It seems to be a dilemma that's unique to the farmer's market.  I think the issue is that I'm so overwhelmed with joy to see such a wide array of healthy, locally grown, and organic produce, that I can't help but buy just a little more of this and a tad more of that.  Consequently, we are getting much more than the minimum number of daily vegetable servings these days and I think my skin is turning green from all of the lettuce and spinach I've eaten.  Will I change my tune?  Probably not.  It's just too delightful to have crisp, fresh produce for our meals.  What a gift from nature's bounty!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.