Friday, June 29, 2012

Storytime

Each of us has a story, a unique set of experiences and perspectives about life.  Within a matter of days, I recently had enlightening conversations with people who shared parts of their life stories with me, including one who agonizes over a fractured family, another with an illness that has resulted in her joy for each moment, one who clings to dreams despite difficult circumstances, another who carries photos of a beloved pet, and yet another who has such an entrepreneurial spirit that his talents have shaped an entirely new career for him.  I love to hear people's stories. So often, these stories are about ordinary moments that result in extraordinary courage, acceptance, joy and gratitude.  Others' stories give me a moment to pause and think about my own story.  From each one of these encounters, I believe I grow as a person, taking away something that benefits my life and my perspective about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.