Saturday, June 2, 2012

Oak Folks

A horticulturist friend told me recently that the strangely warm weather had expedited the budding and blooming of so many things this spring.  Yet, the oaks had stayed on their regular timeline and were leafing out when they normally would.  That got me to thinking about steadfastness and about those people I know who remain calm and steady and on terra firma, even in the face of rapid change, upset and the whims of the moment.  These folks, like the oaks, don't respond with a knee jerk to the latest craze or concern.  They hold fast and, thus, they help keep the rest of us holding fast.  I really honor those people who are the oaks in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.