Saturday, April 6, 2013

For the Birds

I know it's spring when I look at the calendar, but our fickle Wisconsin weather often confuses me into thinking that it's still winter.  This morning, however, I just knew it was spring.  As I awoke, through the closed bedroom windows I could hear the bold, joyful, ever-optimistic sound of early morning birdsong.  I almost opened the windows to welcome in the sound.  Instead, however, I nestled into the covers, closed my eyes and listened to the beautiful songs.  I was reminded of my late mother's favorite Bible verse from The Psalms:  "This is the day which the Lord has made.  Let us rejoice and be glad in it."  I couldn't help but be glad to start this lovely new day (despite the rain, despite the dreary gray skies) because I knew that, like for the birds, there was every reason to rejoice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.