Friday, April 26, 2013

New Chapter

Last month, I did something some have called exciting and energizing and others have called scary and gutsy.  After 12 1/2 years on a job that I have loved more than I could have imagined, I gave my notice.  Today was my last day.  I decided that it was time to stop ignoring the nudges I had been feeling for the past couple of years and to indulge in my dream to become a freelance writer, editor, speaker and public relations consultant.  Admittedly, I considered my decision carefully and prayerfully for months and months, but the appeal of following my heart finally won out.  When I took my position as the director of a brand new healthcare foundation 12 1/2 years ago, never in my dreams had I realized how much it would work its way into my heart, my values matching with the organization's, our foundation's work meaningful to me.  During my tenure there, I have worked with amazing and giving people.  I have met kind, caring and generous folk whose passions match mine.  However, with an increasing awareness of how fragile and fleeting life can be, I am now pursuing my dream.  I want to make sure that when all is said and done, I won't leave this life regretting that I didn't just try it, even if only for a while.  In the short term, I will be blogging more often again, working on an e-book that has been simmering in my imagination, and writing and editing for others.  It'll be a grand adventure, the turning of a new chapter in my book of life. 

4 comments:

  1. YIPEE!!!! You are off on a marvelous adventure, full of satisfying turns and twists. I know a lot of giggles and laughter are in your immediate future. As you travel down this adventurous highway, plan on a side trip to Milwaukee. I'll take off and we can discover lots of good background material for your future books. Peace and Love Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keri wishing you the best of luck on your new adventure as you really need that LOL
    Ned

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrtulations Keri! I followed my bliss in February when I exchanged my full time job for full time possibilities. Like you, it was more of a moving towards something new that it was time to explore. My days unfold now and I have so much gratitude for moments. Plus, I sense things on my horizon that might bebefit from your insights and experience. Hope to connect face to face. Again, congratulatoins on all you have done so well in the past and yippeee for all you will discover in the present and future. Love, Trish

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best wishes to you, Keri! Jeanie

    ReplyDelete

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.