Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Sun Porch Sunday Rockin'

A couple of weeks ago, just when we grateful Wisconsinites thought that spring had truly arrived, I wasted no time moving furniture back into our south-facing sun porch.  I was ready for a new season of rocking in my chair, listening to the birds and reading a book.  For that one afternoon, I made good use of the warm weather and enjoyed some sun porch rocking, eager for the season to have turned over to a glorious, new spring.  Alas, since then, winter has been slow to give up its iron grip.  We've had snow, snow and more snow, mixed with sleet, a cold driving rain, and winds strong enough to snap tree limbs onto electrical wires.  It's not been the pretty April I'd been envisioning when moving the furniture back onto the sun porch.  Instead, I hunker down in the comfort of the living room warmed by the heat of the furnace with one eye on that rocking chair in the sun porch, just waiting for spring to truly arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.