Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Petal Pushers

With all of the late spring snow and dreariness we had been experiencing lately, I didn't expect to see anything in bloom.  How could any living thing be so brave as to bloom while being tossed around by swirling snow?  However, I was thrilled to see some courageous daffodils -- some petal pushers! -- standing strong, blossoms open, one recent snowy, windy day.  They reminded me of the courageous people I know who smile, express their gratitude and reach out lovingly to others when all of the snow and dreariness in their lives could easily cause them to retreat inward and stop blooming.  As lovely spring days work their way to us in Wisconsin, I am grateful for the few brave daffodils that rise and shine and bring cheer despite the weather.  They bring new meaning to me to blooming where you are planted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.