Monday, June 10, 2013

Sick and Tired

Late spring colds have been going around and one seems to have caught up with me.  I first came down with symptoms a little over a week ago.  That familiar, nagging scratchy throat was enough of a calling card for me to know what was to follow.  I did all I could to sleep through the days and nights of coughing, sneezing and sniffling.  I'm now on the down side of this experience, truly sick and tired of feeling sick and tired.  Having a cold, though, can be a gift.  For me, it served as a  reminder that I had been overdoing and that it was time to slow down, take care of myself and savor the moments.  My cold also allowed me to cancel some of my many appointments and give myself permission to chill out a bit.  So, all was not lost during those lost days of activity.  In many ways, I do believe I gained something good from the experience -- a fresh perspective on the importance of self-care.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.