Friday, June 28, 2013

Truth

I recently had the opportunity to speak before a group of nursing professionals about the role of intuition in our spiritual maturity journey.  I am a big believer in intuition and the importance it plays in my decision making.  That deep wisdom has carried me through some difficult experiences with my health and I am grateful for what I call "the doctor within" who has nudged me to pay attention to subtle signals in my body.  I have also consulted that same inner wisdom to make other types of major and minor decisions, following that "gut reaction," if you will.  While researching the topic of intuition for my presentation, I came upon an amazing quote attributed to Gandhi: “In the attitude of silence, the soul finds the path in a clearer light, and what is elusive and deceptive resolves itself into crystal clearness.  Our life is a long and arduous quest after Truth.”  Perhaps the loud, linear mind can only tell us a portion of Truth.  Perhaps there is another deeper and possibly inexplicable truth that comes to us when we allow the voice of inner wisdom to not be mediated by intellect.  I gratefully and intentionally spend more time in silence these days, waiting patiently for that deep Truth to speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.