Saturday, November 23, 2013

Thankful Day and Night

Several months ago, I started a new ritual of listing three blessings in my life upon waking and three more blessings before falling asleep at night.  Bookending my day with gratitude by thinking of the good that awaits me and that took place during my waking hours has proven to be a valuable exercise for me. When I begin and end my day in a state of gratitude, it frames my way of thinking for all of my other waking hours. My outlook on life is more optimistic.  Even my sleep is more restful.  As the old song goes, I count my blessings instead of sheep, and I've found that I have so many blessings I can barely count them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.