Sunday, November 3, 2013

The Changing of the Clocks

Daylight Savings Time officially ended today and, as usual, I'm grieving the loss of light, yet ready to cocoon.  Next to my reading chair are four library books and five magazines.  All I need to do now is to make time to nestle in with them.  But on these last days before -- and even after -- we changed the clocks, I could only find reasons to be outside and soak up that precious daylight.  It didn't matter if the skies were sunny or gray, if the wind picked up, if it drizzled or if the temperature was raw.  All I wanted was to be outside.  And I wasn't disappointed on any of my outside adventures.  The early days of November have a loveliness all of their own.  The air is filled with the heady scent of drying and decaying of vegetation, the sky is expansive and beautiful, a few remaining yellow maple leaves still glisten in the sun, and the birds still sing.  While I will always be a creature that loves the long days that spring and summer offer, the changing of the clocks has ushered in a new time that is filled with blessings, as well, including those four books and five magazines just waiting for me to sit down a spell and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.