Monday, November 4, 2013

Think Thank Walk

While taking my evening walk after work last Friday, I found myself reflecting on my many blessings with each step.  As my walking picked up speed and the distance of my walk increased, I was soon coming up with one thing after another for which to be grateful.  First, it was my wonderful husband who supports my every adventure.  Then, I thought of my family and friends who enrich my life.  Then, it was the trees I saw that were laden with fat, red berries.  The home I passed by that was receiving some heavy restoration for an eager family. The neighbors in our small town that are so dear.  The work I do that is meaningful to me.  The good health I have the pleasure of experiencing.  The list of blessings went on and on.  When I fired up my laptop upon my return, I found that some Facebook friends were using November to post an expression of gratitude each day.  It was fun to read the first installments of these daily expressions from people with diverse experiences and perspectives.  If we spent our days steeped in gratitude, whether while thinking or walking or talking with another person, our days would be so filled with joy that there would be little time for a complaint or worry.  When we recognize all that we have, the need for more seems pretty pointless, and for that I'm grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.