Monday, February 3, 2014

Dashing Through the Snow

Yesterday afternoon was so lovely that while talking with a friend on the phone, I leaned against the windowsill, feeling the sun's warmth waft through the pane.  As Sara and I talked, I noticed in our backyard that there was evidence of little animals that have scurried lately around and on top of the snow.  Just then, one, then two, then tree, then four and finally five squirrels went dashing through the snow from the protection of a large evergreen tree to a nearby stand of arbor vitae.  They chased each other over and over, creating figure eights in the snow.  It was such a delightful display of jubilant playtime that I could barely keep from laughing while I was on the phone.   The squirrels' antics brought an entirely new interpretation for me of "dashing through the snow."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.