Friday, February 7, 2014

Fairy Dust

Larry and I frequently take turns standing in front of our bedroom window, looking out onto the tranquil scene below and the vast sky above.  One recent evening, when I would have openly admitted that I was growing tired of yet more cold and snow, I stood motionless for several minutes watching the light snow blow around the security lights on the back of our home.  The light caught each of the dry and delicate snowflakes, giving them the look of what I can only imagine resembles fairy dust. For those few moments, I forgot that it was dreadfully cold out and that the snow was piling up in the driveway.  For just those moments, I was transcended to a magical place where dry snow crystals are the stuff of fairies and enchantment, and all was right with my world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.