Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Chirp Chirp

I can tell it's fall, simply by the song.  The birds are back serenading in the arbor vitae in the garden leading to the door I use for entering and exiting the hospital where I work.  Last year, I noticed the birds (perhaps sparrows) chirping like crazy from the secluded safety of the arbor vitae.  First, I'd hear them in the evening as I left work, but one recent morning, I arrived extra-early at the office and was welcomed by chirp-chirping from the evergreens as I walked by.  No matter how stressed I might think I am or how difficult I might perceive the day to have gone, there is nothing like the serenading of the birds as I walk by to alter my mood.  What a great way to bookend my workday than to be sung to by an absolutely delightful chorus!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.