Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Sunny Disposition

I had a delightful conversation with a gentleman recently who is redefining his life after having lost a beloved spouse.  He has changed his own life, losing weight, exercising regularly and embracing all that life gives him, despite the sadness he carries not being able to share it all with his life-mate.  His is a sunny disposition.  Our conversation got me to thinking about the sunny people in my life and how much they contribute to my everyday joy.  They're the ones who smile, even when they don't feel like smiling.  They're the ones who take a moment to share a pleasantry or happy story.  They're the ones who go out of their way to ask about what's new in my life and actually listen to my reply.  They're the ones who, even when life gives them lemons, truly make some sunny lemonade.  I thank all of those caring and happy people who make even the rainiest day a sunny one for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.