Monday, October 1, 2012

Three-Blanket Nights

One of my favorite things about this time of year is the heavenly sleeping that comes from bedroom windows open to let in the cool night air.  After weeks and weeks of oppressive heat and being stuck in air conditioning in order to sleep at all, it's been refreshing to have the windows open again at night.  I've found, however, that it gets a bit nippy when the temperatures plummet into the 40s and 50s, so Larry and I have been forced to start piling on the blankets.  While Larry was away at a conference for a few nights, I found myself piling on even more blankets to the point where the covers were so heavy I could barely move.  It made me recall three-dog nights, when it's so cold that you need three dogs around you in order to keep warm.  Lately, mine have been three-blanket nights.  I'm not complaining, though.  The cold night air is the most effective remedy for any difficulties I might have sleeping.  Hurray for October and three-blanket nights!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.