Sunday, January 8, 2012

Coming Clean

I can tell it's January.  That's when I begin my de-nesting process that started in the fall.  I get the yearning to deep-clean, de-clutter and organize anew.  Sort of a new year, fresh start type of thing.  And so it was this morning, just like clockwork.  As I got ready for church, I started examining my wardrobe and identifying those items that should be recycled back to our local thrift store.  I looked at our home decor and decided that some things need to be stored away or re-purposed.  It's just that time of the year, plain and simple.  And speaking of plain and simple, that is truly my style in clothing, home design and obligations.  I don't like being encumbered by too much.  I'd rather keep it simple and streamlined so that what I have, what I wear, what I do are the most important things -- no distractions.  So, on this sunny January Sunday afternoon, I begin my annual winter ritual of pretending it's spring and digging deep into my spring cleaning, lightening my load, lifting my spirits and starting anew -- again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.