Monday, January 23, 2012

Setting the Record Straight

I've been reading Living a Country Year: Wit and Wisdom from the Good Old Days by Jerry Apps (2007; Voyageur Press; ISBN-13: 978-0-7603-2840-8).  In one passage, Mr. Apps questions the artificial straightness with which we humans seem to craft our lives when nature is full of curves and circles. I've been pondering his questions and ask a few more of my own:  Does my straight-and-narrow life of time constraints, strategic plans and policies make me rigid?  Am I able to adapt my life to those straight-as-an-arrow rules, yet move with the rhythms of life with a certain degree of ease?  What are my natural tendencies?  How did I respond as a child?  What can I do to go with the flow a bit more in this new year?  I'll continue to have a straight talk with myself over the coming weeks and see what thoughts surface.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.