Monday, January 9, 2012

Shine On

"Shine, Give, Share" was the White House's 2011 Christmas decorating theme, chosen to pay tribute to those in current or previous military service for our country and their families.  Last month, I watched a television program about the decorating of the White House using that holiday theme.  As the program unfolded, revealing the many ways that the decorators interpreted the theme, the words "shine, give, share" spoke to me on a personal level and I filed them away for further thought.  Tonight is the first full moon of the new year.  As I contemplated the bright and brilliant, full moon this evening, "shine, give and share" came back to me.  Although I'm not big on resolutions, I decided that I am going to use each of the monthly full moons this year to remind me to shine, give and share and to review how I lived up to those words since the last full moon.  Shine: How did I use my talents to the best of my ability?  Give:  How did I give of myself, my heart, my time?  Share:  How did I share my resources, my donations?  This year, I hope to live more fully by expressing my gratitude for my many blessings and hopefully paying them forward.  Shine on!

1 comment:

  1. Someone bought my son's meal at O'Hare in Chicago, apparently because he was in uniform.
    So now he says he has three meals to pay forward.
    I like your view of the moon as a regular reminder of how we should live. It's better than waiting a full year to make an assessment.

    ReplyDelete

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.