Thursday, July 11, 2013

All's Fair

It's time for the county fair and I'm delighted.  Our county fair is a fine blend of music, animals, carnival rides and 4-H displays, plus much more.  Our fair embraces all that is right about small-town and country living and reminds us why we have chosen to live a rural lifestyle.  Scheduled each year in the heart of summer, I equate county fairs with hot weather, abundant sunshine and the tickle-bumps I felt as a child every time I rode the Tilt-A-Whirl. I recall having a full tummy as a little girl from the cotton candy, the burgers and the ice cream.   This year, I'm working at the event to engage local residents in a survey about broadband Internet access to our county's rural residents.  Although I have a larger purpose related to my work for being there each day, I'm deriving much pleasure from being with the many others who celebrate our rural roots.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.