Sunday, July 21, 2013

Birds of a Feather

I saw something the other day while zipping along on the highway that I hadn't seen before -- a hawk and a songbird perched next to each other on a utility line.  They were seated quite close to each other, but with the hawk facing one way, the songbird the other.  Their heads were cocked in opposite directions, too, as if neither one was paying much attention to the other.  As I drove by, I couldn't help but wonder what the two birds were thinking about.  Considering there was such an expanse of wire for them on which to perch, I also wondered why they chose to sit so closely together, yet ignore the other one's presence.  Perhaps each was thinking that the other one was "for the birds"!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.