Sunday, July 7, 2013

Shine On

The sun porch seemed the ideal place to sit and read last evening.  The cool breezes, the rocking chair, the night sounds all seemed to beckon me.  As the daylight dwindled, I closed my book and just rocked.  All of a sudden, I could see little flashes of light darting around the backyard - fireflies!  It'd been a year since I'd seen fireflies from that same vantage point.  So, I just sat and rocked as the darkness enveloped me and I watched the little creatures letting their lights shine.  It made me think of the children from our church who sang "This Little Light of Mine" a few months ago.  Even when all is dark (and especially so), it's important to let our own lights shine.  The light that we may think is but a tiny flicker may be the illumination that is needed by another.  By letting our lights shine, we express our true selves, providing a gift to others just as the fireflies provided me last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.