Thursday, July 4, 2013

Fire in the Sky

Today is the 4th of July.  In addition to the patriotic significance, I associate this all-American holiday with gatherings of family and friends for barbecues, picnics and swimming, and with watching fireworks splashing against the night sky.  I've seen some pretty amazing fireworks displays in my life, including in my youth on a class trip to Europe and several years of magnificent pyrotechnics associated with The Great Circus Parade in Milwaukee.  Our community and those in the surrounding area all have elaborate fireworks displays that attract families.  Lately in preparation for the big holiday, fireworks vendors have been out selling their wares.  Night after night, I've been hearing pop after pop after pop that indicate that for some, the 4th of July has started early.  As I ooh and ahh with our neighbors at the community fireworks this evening, I'll also say a prayer for all of the heroes who have protected and continue to protect our country.  Happy 4th of July, everyone, and God bless us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.