Monday, July 29, 2013

Rock and Soul

I read in the newspaper yesterday about someone being celebrated as being the rock and the soul of her family.  I got to thinking about what it means to be the rock and soul of another person's life and what a wonderful tribute it is to pay to someone.  Our lives are fleeting and fragile.  As I grow older, I am spending more time contemplating my own life and how I can use it to the best of my ability to enrich the lives of others. I believe we are all called to some kind of passion and purpose that drive us to do good works, regardless of our circumstances or whether those good works feel large or small to us. To me, being someone's rock means that you are present to him or her, someone to count on in the good and not-so-good times.  To be the soul suggests to me that we express ourselves with caring, kindness, gratitude and inclusion so that all in our midst feel loved, valued and appreciated.  What better tribute to give someone than to say that person is the rock and soul.  Something to which we can all aspire.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.