Monday, July 1, 2013

Laughing. Singing. Dancing.

My late mom had a little pillow on which was embroidered "Live well, laugh often, love much."  Mom lived by those words.  She had a wonderful, purposeful life.  She filled each day with love and laughter.  She was always the first to enjoy a good joke and even had the grace to know how to laugh at herself.  Our friend Bill noted recently that his late mother-in-law would have recommended that family and friends enjoy some LSD.  As those around him gasped, Bill chuckled and explained that LSD stood for "Laughter, Singing and Dancing."  So that's just what we did that evening as we celebrated Bill's birthday.  There was much laughter in the room, especially when we all gathered into a conga line and moved about to the Latin musical beat.  I told my husband Larry that I felt more alive that evening than I had in months.  It was great to just cut loose and dance without self-consciousness, laugh joyfully with long-time friends, and sing along with the live music.  As Bill said, we all need a little LSD in our lives so that will be my aim.  At the end of each day, I want to be able to reflect back on how well I lived, how often I laughed and how much I loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.