Monday, April 9, 2012

Buoyant

At my workplace, we are being encouraged to take part in several wellness challenges this year.  My first challenge is to drink more water.  Throughout my adulthood, I've been poor at drinking enough fluids.  But, I'm changing my ways.  My specific challenge is to drink at least 48 ounces of water in a 24-hour period for 21 days.  That's reportedly the period of time it takes to develop or change a habit.  Drinking more water takes some effort on my part but it's amazing how much better I feel now that I'm doing so.  The human body is reported to be made chiefly of water.  Replenishing that all-important water supply in our bodies is a gift to our brains, organs, tissues, vessels and more.  You feel sated and less inclined to snack when you drink enough water.  Your pores plump up, making those of us with crow's feet and "fine lines" possibly look a tad younger.  Granted, I feel a bit buoyant drinking so much water and I sometimes wonder if the whites of my eyes have visible waves, like a 1960s cartoon character, or if I run, you'll hear me slosh.  But, I'm up to the challenge for these 21 days, and I plan to keep adding days until drinking my eight 8-ounce glasses of water every day is something I do without giving it a second thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.